The Chief Procurement Officer creates a competitive advantage and drives bottom-line results by attaining superior purchasing conditions for direct materials from manufacturers and wholesalers, and ensures the availability of appropriate inventories to satisfy customer demand; she/he supports the development of our business in emerging and new markets in close collaboration with Commercial.
- Location: Venlo (NL) or Cologne (DE)
- Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
- Direct Reports: 3-4 / TBD
- Total Reports: 30+
- Travel Requirement: 60%+
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and fosters a framework for attaining superior purchasing conditions for direct materials from manufacturers and wholesalers.
- Aims for and makes progress towards best-in-class purchasing processes to ensure availability of appropriate levels of inventory; ensures high level of purchasing process quality, including full compliance with internal and external rules and regulations, and drives process efficiencies.
- Establishes and develops appropriate commercial structures in emerging and new markets in close collaboration with Commercial.
- Aligns with Commercial on annual purchasing saving targets for direct materials. Develops methodology for determining and tracking year-over-year purchasing savings. Monitors progress throughout the year and initiates corrective actions if warranted.
- Establishes and fosters relationships with key suppliers. Is personally involved and drives purchasing negotiations with selected key suppliers. Reviews all key purchasing agreements, and fosters excellent supplier performance and development.
- Optimizes inventory levels and minimizes product write-offs through collaborative working relationships with Commercial and Operations. Fosters a spirit to bridge cultural gaps between Commercial, Operations and Procurement.
- Attracts, hires, develops and retains strong workforce. Top-grades positions to continuously upgrade skillset. Sets annual performance targets for staff and ensure attainment.
- People and change leadership – makes change happen and thrives on developing key talent to sustain scalable growth
- Planning and execution combined with strong results orientation
- Fostering of relationships both with internal and external parties
- Collaboration across departments through listening and influencing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Business acumen
- Process orientation and continuous improvement attitude
- Analytical skills
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree
- 10+ years of progressive experience in procurement – negotiation of purchasing conditions and improvement of purchasing processes
- Strong track record in negotiating purchasing savings
- 6+ year of people management experience
- Fluency in German & English
- Purchasing experience in the healthcare sector, especially in pharmaceutical industry or wholesalers
- Experience in continuous improvement or Lean Six Sigma
- Ability to communicate in French, Spanish and/or Italian
- A high impact role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- A very strong team performance and a position in a very dynamic environment – Europes fastest growing Online Pharmacy
- Flat hierarchies, open communication and a good portion of pragmatism
- Long perspectives and great chances for personal and technical development