The Strategic Lead Category Management creates a competitive advantage and ensures a strategically valuable position in the market for SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE. She / He drives automation forward and promotes a high-level data-driven approach for all company-wide product and category management activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and establishes the strategy for our Product and Category Management (pure digital) above all countries
- Ensures company-wide functional alignment of all strategic product and category activities.
- Establishes and fosters a framework for highest class market- and competition-relevant product ranges and aims for new potentials and products.
- Building new categories to expand national and international assortment and attract new target groups
- Defines new concepts and processes to coordinate, measure and improve all onsite marketing activities in coordination with UX, Creation and Business Intelligence
- Cooperates with technical experts and other stakeholders to ensure a higher level of automation.
- Optimizes and coordinates internal interfaces and attracts cross-functional and cross-site cooperation.
- Makes progress towards best-in-class processes including full compliance with internal and external rules and regulations and drives process efficiencies.
- Monitors and controls pricing in the relevant distribution channels and further develop our pricing models and strategies.
- Monitors progress throughout the year and initiates corrective actions if warranted.
- Attracts, hires, develops and retains strong people. Top-grades positions to continuously upgrade skillset. Sets annual performance targets for staff and ensures attainment.
- People and change leadership – makes change happen and thrives on developing key talent to sustain scalable growth
- Digital native, strong focus on online / e-commerce
- Strategy planning and execution combined with strong result orientation and focus on online-data.
- Collaboration across departments through listening and influencing
- Strong negotiation skills as well as business acumen
- Process orientation and continuous improvement attitude; Innovation affinity and willingness to constructively question existing approaches
- Experience in the application of modern processes, structures and analysis tools and bringing those up to speed
- Very strong analytical skills
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree
- 4+ years of progressive / relevant experience in Category Management (online)
- Strong track record in strategic positioning and generating growth within a product-driven department
- 4+ year of people management experience
- Fluency in German & English
- Category Management experience in the healthcare sector, especially in pharmaceutical industry or online distributors
- Experience with pricing strategies and tools
- Ability to communicate in French, Spanish and/or Italian
- A high impact role with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- A very strong team performance and a position in a very dynamic environment – Europes fastest growing Online Pharmacy
- Flat hierarchies, open communication and a good portion of pragmatism
- Long perspectives and great chances for personal and technical development